Helping Parents Establish Parental Rights Outside Of Wedlock

More and more children are being raised outside of wedlock by parents willing to provide the same level of care that married couples provide. The biggest difference is that parental rights are automatically established for married couples that have children.

At The Law Offices of C. Lee Hewitt, our lawyers can help unmarried parents obtain the same rights as married parents, rights that involve child custody and child support.

We Know How To Help

Our law firm has more than 35 years of experience handling paternity cases and other family law matters for people in Alameda County and the surrounding parts of California. We have the knowledge to pursue the results you need.

Mothers’ Rights: Child Support

Unwed mothers have the right to pursue child support from the father, as long as paternity is legally established.

Our attorneys can help you establish paternity and pursue the child support you need to raise your child happy and healthy.

Fathers’ Rights: Child Custody

Unwed fathers have the right to be a part of their child’s life, as long as paternity/fatherhood is legally established.

You can turn to our team to assist with the process of establishing paternity. We will work with you to obtain custody and visitation arrangements that work for you.

We Know The Process

In many cases, establishing paternity is simply a matter of completing and filing the proper paperwork. In others, a dispute arises. DNA testing becomes necessary or legal rights established based on a father’s acceptance of a child into his home. Our lawyers have the skill to handle all types of paternity cases.

Free Consultations — Reasonable Fees

Email us or call us at 510-936-6714 to discuss obtaining child custody or child support rights by establishing paternity.